In conjunction with Deep Web Technologies, George Mason University Libraries has developed an OER Metafinder search engine that simultaneously queries more than a dozen sources of educational materials (including AMSER, BC Campus, College Open Textbooks, Merlot, OER Commons, OpenStax, and Project Gutenberg) and returns the top 250 or so hits from each site–in seconds!
1. Go to the Open Textbook library by clicking on the link below.
2. Click the subject you're interested in on the left menu.
3. Scroll through the titles listed there. Some have reviews and some do not. Reviews are extremely thorough.
4. Reviewers list their name, title, and institution.
1. Go to the BC Campus: Find Open Texbooks reviews by clicking on the first link below.
2. Click on the subject you're interested in on the right to get a list of titles.
3. Select a title and scroll down to see a review, if available. Note that not all textbooks have reviews.
4. OR, click on the second link below to see a list of ALL of the reviewed Open Textbooks, which are listed alphabetically by title.
1. Go to the Cool4Ed reviews by clicking on the link below.
2. Click on the name of the reviewer to the right of the title. Reviewer's affiliation is also listed.
3. Reviewers evaluate the books on subject matter, instruction design, editorial aspects, and usability.
1. Go to the College Open Textbooks listings, the reviews page by clicking on the link below.
2. Click on the discipline you're interest in.
3. Scroll down to view the titles with their reviews. Reviewers include their names and titles.