Media Services is positioned within Seattle Central’s Library and serves students, staff, and faculty by offering AV/media equipment and support. It loans AV/media equipment, provides AV support for campus events, and offers support for student and instructional media.
Available AV/Media Equipment
- DVD/VHS players
- Data Projectors
- Video Projectors
- Tripod Screens
- TV Monitors
- Video Cameras
- Sound Recorders
- Sound Systems
- CD Players
- Document Cameras
Media Services staff is available Monday-Friday, from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Media Services staff is onsite during quarter breaks, but only accessible to staff/faculty at that time.
We are located inside the library on the second floor of the Broadway Edison building. Please email or call ahead to make an appointment to ensure Media Specialist is available. You may also inquire at the Library Circulation Desk. To return equipment during Media Services hours, the easiest route is to take the stairs or elevator closest to the Harvard/Olive entrance (SW corner of BE building) to the second floor. Knock on the door or ring the bell and a staff member will greet you.
Equipment delivery and last minute assistance is available during regular Media Services hours. It is important to plan and make requests early to ensure that equipment is available and can be delivered when needed. Please note the following in order to meet your needs for media support:
- Reserve AV/media items in advance by emailing requests to email@example.com (preferred) or calling 206.934.4053.
- Delivery requests with 3-day-advance notice have priority.
- For last-minute requests, email or call:
- By 10 am for deliveries to classes held in the afternoon and evening of the same day;
- By 3 pm for deliveries to classes held the next morning.
- Media Services staff may not be able to deliver orders requested outside of Media Services hours.
- Arrange with Media Services ahead of time if you need to pick up media equipment during library hours or when Media Services is closed.
- Faculty/staff may arrange to pick up equipment and take it to the classroom. Equipment must be returned to Media Services.
- By arrangement and subject to availability, equipment may be placed in a classroom for the whole quarter.
- To protect equipment, always close the classroom doors when leaving the room.
- Please notify Media Services before moving equipment from one classroom to another.
Faculty and staff may check out most media equipment for off-campus use. Print and fill out the Media Equipment Checkout Agreement
, request that your unit administrator sign and approve, and return to Media Services prior to checkout.