Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
We are open for summer quarter from 9am-4pm, Monday-Thursday and offer remote services Friday, 9am-12pm.
Find details on borrowing, tech equipment, course reserves, research and reference help, & instructional support at 2022 LIBRARY SERVICES.
The GED test helps to certify that test takers have high school level academic skills.
- The test covers four different subject areas, each with different testing times.
- Math - 115 minutes
- Science - 90 minutes
- Social Studies - 90 minutes
- Reasoning Through Language Arts - 150 minutes
- The test can be taken in English or Spanish
- The test costs $120 ($30 per subject)
- Subject tests can be taken on different days and even at different testing sites
For more detailed information regarding the GED test policies and procedures:
- Visit the Seattle Central College Testing Office
Peterson's Test Prep This link opens in a new window
Peterson's Prep for the GED: practice tests, books, activities; plus information on colleges, available scholarships and awards. [requires setup of free personal account]
Instructional videos on a variety of topics, including math and English
Lessons, videos, and practice questions covering a variety of subjects, with a wide range of math and science topics.
Short videos covering a range of math concepts.
List of rules for basic algebra with descriptions.
Science instructional videos
Educational resources for middle school through college including math, science, social science, and English