Tutorials in this section will help you understand the academic research process.
• Research is a process: Research is iterative and depends on asking increasingly complex questions.
• Scholarship is a conversation: Ongoing communication occurs within a community of scholars resulting in new insights, discoveries and perspectives.
• Credibility is contextual: Credibility depends on many factors including the author, audience and purpose.
• Format matters: When evaluating your resources, examine the format. The way a document is presented indicates its strengths and weaknesses.
• Searching is strategic: Doing academic research is hard, but there are some ways to make your searching more efficient and productive.