The judges of the Library’s 2019 Creative Writing Contest were impressed with the entries in response to the “Last Word” theme and are pleased to announce the winners:
- Student 1st prize: Phaedra McArdle / “What Being Dissociated Feels Like”
- Student 2nd prize: Danny Barber / “Saint Bernard Save Me”
- Student 3rd prize: Felicia Ripley / “The Last Word”
- Employee Honorable Mention: Jeanette Sanchez / “Thank you dark.”
- Employee Honorable Mention: D Lee / “Cellar”
The full text of winning entries are displayed in the 2019 The Last Word winners archive.
Theme: "The Last Word" (break-ups, funeral/death, graduation, arguments, good-byes, etc.)
Who can enter: students and employees
What to enter: a piece of super short fiction, super short essay, poetry, address/speech, etc. between 100-250 words
Deadline: Friday, May 31, 2019, 5:00 pm
How to enter: Submit via the library webpage: seattlecentral.edu/library
How we'll judge: Based on originality and connection to the theme.
Prizes/Recognition: 3 student winners will receive gift cards. A celebration will take place
Thursday, June 6, 1:30-2:30.
Rescheduled for Tuesday, June 11, from 2:30 – 3:30 in Library Room T.