Seattle Central PIO photograph.
This guide will help students in Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language and General Education Development learn about the library and find resources to help them in their studies. Use the green tabs across the top of the page to move through the guide.
To hear each conversation, click on the
1. Hello. Can I check out this book please? Yes. Can I see your picture ID? Yes. Here it is. Thank you.
2. How long can I borrow a book? You can borrow a book for two weeks. And how long can I borrow a DVD? DVDs can be checked out for 3 days.
3. Where can I find a book on grammar? You can find a book on grammar in the ESL/ABE/GED collection. Where is that? Let me show you!
4. Where are your ESL Readers? In the bins in the ESL/ABE/GED collection. The color dots are only a guide; please read anything you like!
5. Where do I put a book if I do not want to check it out? Books are often put back in the wrong place, so please put it on any shelf marked "Place books here for reshelving."
6. How do I log on to the computers? You log on to the computers using your EAD username and the password you created. Where do I get my login name? Go to https://tools.seattlecolleges.edu/home, or visit the Computer Help desk or the Reference Desk.
7. Can I reserve a group study room? Yes. You can reserve a room for up to 2 hours a day. Where do I do this? Ask a librarian at the Reference desk.
8. Can I eat in the library? Sorry, we do not allow food in the library. Can I bring in a drink? Yes, covered drinks are welcome!
All about the services and sources your library offers.